The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
About the NAEA
- The UK’s leading professional body for estate agencies;
- Founded in 1962 to uphold good practice and high professional standards in the real estate industry, provide help and guidance to property professionals and campaign to make the property market more efficient and user-friendly for the home-buying and -selling public;
- 10,000 member agencies in both the UK and overseas, dealing not only with residential property but also commercial and land sales, letting, property management, business transfer and auctioneering.
The benefits of dealing with an NAEA member
- If an agent is a member of the NAEA you can be sure you are dealing with an experienced and professional agent;
- All member agencies must adhere to a strict code of conduct and meet certain standards relating to professional and ethical practice. All NAEA member agencies are required to protect and promote their client’s interests, while at all times acting in a fair and proper manner;
- Dealing with an NAEA member also gives you means of redress if you are unfortunate enough to be a victim of malpractice - the Association can take disciplinary action on your behalf.